The current demand for jobs created by the pandemic, as well as the rapid evolution of networks, has changed the future of IT jobs radically. In particular for network engineers, who will need to keep up to date with new technologies, as they will have very important roles in the transformation of companies.
Before the pandemic changed the way we work and put many projects on hold, Cisco published the 2020 Global Networking Trends Reports, which foresees many changes that ended up being accelerated by the pandemic.
The need to work from home, have a secure connection, make data and other resources available online in real time, even for remote users. This scenario has made network engineers become key players in translating business needs into IT policy and connectivity vocabulary. These new functions and competencies represent growth for both companies and technology, and we must be very attentive to keep up with these developments.
In the report that Cisco presented at the beginning of the year, new IT functions that will emerge in the coming years were identified, as well as skills that should be improved or developed in the very near future. Automation, Artificial Intelligence, and commercial skills are among the most required skills in future business positions. These are some of the functions that we will see very soon in companies:
- Business translator: this role focuses on translating business needs into levels of service, security and compliance so that they can be applied and monitored across the network. It also serves to use the network and its data to innovate and add value to the business, as well as using its knowledge in networks and application ofAPIs to align the business with the IT scenario.
- Network guardian: this function is designed to connect to network architectures and security. It builds distributed network intelligence into the security architecture and the SecOps process. Here, where network and security come together, Network Guardian is at the center of everything, inserting and extracting large amounts of information, taking steps to identify flaws or adapt to eliminate potential attacks.
- Network commander: This role is responsible for the automation and orchestration of intent-based networks, as well as practices that guarantee the good functioning of the network controller.
- Network orchestrator: this function translates business needs into network policies. It focuses on the translation and automation of policies and their alignment in the network and IT domains.
- Network detective: This function identifies and prioritizes trends based on Artificial Intelligence so that the company can make decisions proactively. In addition, it provides feedback to analysis systems so that anomaly detection and repair improves continuously.
Last year, Cisco renewed a large part of its certification and professional development tools to support engineers in addressing all these new technology tools. It launched, for example, a new set of certifications for coding, automation and application development using the DevNet developer community.
Due to the pandemic, certification centers had to close. However, there are some options online both to be sure and to prepare for the challenges that will present themselves in the short term.
Just as engineers need to catch up on new technologies and skills for future jobs, companies also need to rethink their strategy and start working on their digital transformation, both in decisions to move to the cloud and in creating a different work culture in the organization.
In this sense, Dynalogic has kept its engineers up to date on these new requirements and skills, and has worked to ensure that these hybrid engineers not only take care of the technical part, but also develop skills to translate companies’ IT needs into a simpler vocabulary.
Dynalogic is distinguished for being at the forefront of technologies. Since the beginning of our activities, we chose to work with defined objectives, home office, and to work with the most innovative technological solutions in the market such as SDWAN, SDA, ACI, among others. We also work with automation and artificial intelligence, which are radically changing the way companies operate, with extensive knowledge in the most innovative solutions to support business in its implementation.
To implement a new technological solution, a new cloud service or a new application, engineers must understand what the network requires and what their role will be to be able to provide services in a timely manner. Part of Dynalogic’s services is to help companies in this transition. We are focused on helping companies in this technological evolution, from preparing and adapting the network quickly and consistently, to training their engineers in new technologies.
We have strong partnerships with providers such as VMware, Infoblox, Fortinet, among others. Dynalogic also work closely with Cisco, which allowed us to learn about new technological solutions first hand and, above all, to be able to train engineers in their new roles so that companies can carry out their digitization.